ACTIVITY 5. PROJECT RESULTS DEVELOPMENT AND DISSEMINATING ACTIVITIES IN ALL FORMATS AND MEDIA CHANNELS
Name of activity / sub-activities:
Sub-activity 5.1. Elaboration and dissemination of project results in all media formats and channels
- Creation of the Advertising Plan, and the project visual identity elements (templates, logo design) and its continuously updated versions, in accordance with the three addendums transmitted to the Programme Coordinator
- Creating, managing and updating the project webpage in WordPress format, including the creation of menus and sub-menus and supplementing it with various information and results associated with the project. To ensure a higher visibility of project results, we have acquired another domain name; thus, all the information from the original page have been migrated to the new domain (www.eeagrants-tisa.ro).In order to provide information and interface in English, translation of the materials into English was provided.
- Creating, managing and updating the Facebook page of the project with information, involving all members of the project leader’ team and two partners teams (Personal description and photos for each member of the three project teams, description of Natura 2000 sites useful links, news related to the analysed protected areas but also national and international news in order to collect good practice models)
- TripAdvisor page creation and management Implementation period: October 2015-April 2017
- Creating movies and videos on the results obtained on the field trips and awareness activities, information on the project conducted by the project leaders’ team have been posted and promote on YouTube page of the project.
- The initial estimation for the number of visits was 1000, but the project website has reached 3073 hits due to continuous updating of results and activities implemented within the project.
- In order to organize the project opening conference, the SIENPHCTS project promoter team took care of selecting the contact details for the target group identified for the purpose of submitting the invitation to participate and sending the invitations to participate, creating materials related to the visibility of the conference (invitation, posters, layout map layout, list of participants) or a description of the project and the conference program, materials found in the participants’ map.PowerPoint presentations related to the project’s theme, its objectives and the existing partnership, which were held during the opening conference, were prepared.Opening Conference of the project took place on November 25, 2015 in Cluj-Napoca, where project leaders held two presentations, the national partner held 4 presentations and the international partner claimed one presentation.
- Out of the six press conference made by application form, they were made just three press conference in connection with the events taking place in the project. The first press conference was organized with the opening conference of the project (25.11.2015), the second was organized in the interval 14-18.11.2016, overlapped with dissemination activities of the project results in the territory, and the third press conference (23.01.2017) was held with the project closure conference. For their realization the contact details for media representatives were selected and the invitation to participate was sent together with a press release presenting the objectives of the project. Subsequently, the last organized press conference, two members of the Project Promoter team, participated in the “Transylvania today” TV show, following an invitation by TVR Cluj regarding the contribution of the project to environmental issues in the protected areas.
- Editing and publication of 13 press releases made by the Promoter project team members and national partners.
- Suring the project implementation period a number of several newsletters have been created, containing information about the project, the project activities and events carried out by the project or the related topics of the project.
- During the press conferences held during the project, a number of eight journalists have attended the meetings; they have written or broadcast partial results associated with the project.
- Editing and publication of 28 press releases by the Promoter Project team members and national partners.
- Production and distribution of two radio interviews broadcast on Radio Transilvania Baia Mare organized by national partners, attended by project team members and international partner (NINA).
- Production and distribution of two TV interviews, broadcast on TL + Maramures TV Channel, organized by national partner, attended by project team members and international partners promoter (NINA).
- Editing and publication of 12 press articles by the Promoter project team members and national partner.
- Compilation and Publication of 12 advertorials by the Promoter Project team members and national partner.
- The results of field research (photos, videos, and collected informations), the results of dissemination and targeted public information or other materials associated with the project were disseminated and the bulk of the material needed to make a documentary film. After that, for the realization of the film itself, working meetings of all the project teams were organized with the film producer, film director, cadre shooting, interviews, assembling. To ensure greater visibility, all the program and project identity elements have been specified and its subtitling has been provided in English. On the one hand, the promotion of the documentary film was done electronically through the media channels of the project, including by fully uploading it to the project YouTube page. On the other hand, the documentary film was launched in Cluj-Napoca, through the AMEFA Association, on April 11, 2017, at the Faculty of Geography, and will be viewed at the Faculty of Environmental Science and Engineering on April 17, 2017. The national partner also designed the documentary film in 7 locations.
- Another visual result of the project was to organize a photographic exhibition with 100 photographs on display, designed to illustrate the most representative elements associated to the biodiversity of the two Natura 2000 sites analysed.The Project Promoter team selected representative photos for the photographic exhibition, photo format and display mode, selecting the final layout with visibility elements, and made a short description of the content of the photos, with the author’s mention.All the photos were taken in the fieldwork of the teams in the partnership.The project promoter organized 1 photographic exhibition, in the period 14-24.11.2016, in two locations (the Faculty of Geography, headquarters of the Babeş-Bolyai University), while the national partner also organized a SAFARI photographic exhibition traveling in November 2016 as part of events held in schools and city halls.
- In preparation for the closing conference of the project, planned for 23/01/2017 in Cluj-Napoca, the project leader’ team was involved in creating posters, creating and sending invitations to people and institutions of the targeted group of the project, designed various
promotional materials: roll-up, map, pen, agenda, note book, choosing the location of the conference, providing catering services, as well as effectively promoting it on the media of the project, and beyond.Some members of the same team developed and supported presentations with the results of the project, while others actively participated in the actual deployment of the project.
- Originally envisaged for the period 16 to 17 June 2016, the project leader’ team involved in organizing a workshop to disseminate project materials and results, has postponed the event for November 2016 in Sighetu Marmatiei.In this regard, some of the project team made suggestions on activities to be undertaken, including theoretical and practical topics of the project, including proposals for field validation, inventory, analysis and actual measurements, data processing, others have been involved in coordinating and organizing the event (creating posters and other promotional materials of the project, drafting presentations).The event was rescheduled for 18.11.2016 and took place at the Faculty of Geography extension UBB, is manifested more dissemination activities carried out between 14-18.11.2016.
- The workshop held in Sighetu Marmației was attended by 34 participants from 40 assume into the application form, those present were students of extension UBB Sighet.
- Participation of seven members of the project implementation team at the international conference “Air and Water – Components of the Environment”, where three scientific materials were produced and sustained, the theme being closely related to the results obtained through the project.At the same time, 4 members of the Project Promoter team held two oral communications at the Dimitrie Cantemir International Symposium in Iasi, between 21-23.10.2016.Overall, the results of the project were promoted by participating in two international conferences.Additionally, two of the project promoter’s technicians participated in an international internship in Norway dedicated to sustainable development issues, an event where they also became part of the results of the RO02-0013-SIENPHCTS project.
- Team members of the Project Promoter team were involved in the dissemination of project results in national scientific events.Thus, three hydrologists technicians (Banc Stefania, Poncis Ionut and Niţoaia Andrei) participated in a national interdisciplinary workshop, named Natural versus anthropogenic causes of climate variability and feedback from bio-geo-chemical processes (NatClimVar), held on 18-22October 2016 by the Research Institute of the University of Bucharest (ICUB), the Department of Physics Earth Sciences, Environment and Life Sciences.
- Editing and publication of six scientific materials Promoter Project team members: Risks induced by maximum flow with 1% probability and Their Effect on Several species and Habitats in Pricop-Huta Certeze and Tisa Superioara Natura 2000 protected Areas, Some Preliminary analysis on physico-chemical river water features in Pricop-Huta Certeze and Tisa Superioara Protected Areas, Changing the landscape metrics induced by deforestations in ROSCI0358 Pricop-Huta-Certeze N2000 site, variability and Trends in the Viseu River runoff, Catastrophic Effects of the Flash Floods on Natural Environment in Quasi-circular and Exposed Asymmetric Watershed – Case Study- Viseu River, Fresh water resources in the Natura 2000 Pricop-Huta Certeze and Tisa Superioara protected areas.
- To promote the project results, has been ensured the participation of seven participants to the scientific conference: “International air and water – environmental components” and four participants to the scientific conference International Symposium Dimitrie Cantemir, held in Iasi, Romania.
- Creating and updating brochures with representative information to capture ecosystem typologies (1 thematic leaflet for the Upper Tisa, 1 thematic brochure for Pricop-Huta Certeze, 1 brochure, 1 brochure, 1 brochure, 1 brochure, 1 brochure) and dissemination of 500 leaflets printed.
- After centralizing all individual studies of all the project partners, they were synthesized aspects of these to develop a final integrated study “of ecosystems services in Natura 2000 Pricop-Huta Certeze and Upper Tisza”.After verification, it was found that the studies made by the national partner had a high percentage of plagiarism, and the content taught did not match the title of the study or the objectives of the project, which was why they had to be restored in two days.3 of the seven studies conducted by the national partner were retransmitted but with the same elements.From this reasoning, the final integrated study only contains the materials of the Project Promoter and the International Partner 2.The Risoprint Publishing House was contacted to determine the volume publishing data and recommended changes were made by the scientific reviewers of the volume.At the same time, the observation of the visual elements of the program and the project was ensured.
- Later printing integrated study “of ecosystems services in Natura 2000 sites Pricop-Huta Certeze and Tisa Superioara” project promoters’ ensured dissemination (500 copies of printed study have been distributed) in the target groups identified according to the application.
- Model production of advertising billboard stating the particulars of the project by the project team and its mounting Promoter at the Promoter Project.
- Preparation of purchase permanent board layout and format of the project by the project promoter team and its installation at the project leaders.
- Making the design of three traditional banner advertising (1 banner / site) by the team of project leaders and their installation in situ.Due to the modification of the boundaries of Natura 2000 sites, the banners designs have been updated by including the modified map version.
Accomplished results of the activity/sub-activities:
|Name of activity / sub-activity||Accomplished results||Implementation period||Sustainability|
|Activity 5. Project Results development and disseminating activities in all formats and media channels|
|Sub-activity 5.1. Elaboration and dissemination of project results in all media formats and channels||1 Advertising Plan||October 2015 – April 2017||Program implementation monitoring, strategic control|
|1 project website||October 2015 – April 2017||Broadly-informed public on ecosystem services|
|1 facebook page||October 2015 – April 2017||Broadly-informed public on ecosystem services|
|1 TripAdvisor page||October 2015 – April 2017||Broadly-informed public on ecosystem services|
|1 youtube channel||October 2015 – April 2017||Broadly-informed public on ecosystem services|
|1000 Website visits||October 2015 – April 2017||Broadly-informed public on ecosystem services|
|1 Project Opening Conference||October –
|Broadly-informed public on ecosystem services|
|3 Press conferences||October 2015 – April 2017||Broadly-informed public on ecosystem services|
|13 Press Releases||September 2015-April 2017||Informed local communities on the benefits of ecosystem services|
|16 Newsletters||September 2015-April 2017||Broadly-informed public on ecosystem services|
|8 Participating journalists||October 2015 – April 2017||Supporting material for other nature conservation reports|
|28 Press releases||October 2015 – April 2017||Informed local communities on the benefits of ecosystem services|
|2 radio interviews||October 2015 – January 2017||Informed local communities on the benefits of ecosystem services|
|2 TV Interviews||October 2015 – January 2017||Informed local communities on the benefits of ecosystem services|
|12 Articles in the press||October 2015 – April 2017||Informed local communities on the benefits of ecosystem services|
|12 Advertorials||October 2015 – January 2017||Informed local communities on the benefits of ecosystem services|
|1 Documentary movie||October 2015 – January 2017||Informed local communities on the benefits of ecosystem services|
|1 Photographic exhibition||October 2015 – January 2017||Informed Participants on Ecosystem Services|
|1 Project Closing Conference||October 2015 – January 2017||Informed Participants on Ecosystem Services|
|1 Workshop||October 2015 – November 2016||Informed Participants on Ecosystem Services|
|40 participants trained||October 2015 – November 2016||Informed Participants on Ecosystem Services|
|1 international scientific conference||October 2015 – January 2017||Ability to replicate the methodology used, quotes|
|1 national scientific conference||October 2016||Ability to replicate the methodology used, quotes|
|8 scientific articles published||October 2015 – April 2017||Ability to replicate the methodology used, quotes|
|6 participants / scientific conference||October 2015 – January 2017||Professional expertise of the people involved|
|500 leaflets / brochures disseminated in printed format||October 2015 – April 2017||Informed local communities on the benefits of ecosystem services|
|Integrated final study||October 2015 – April 2017||Informed local communities on the benefits of ecosystem services|
|500 copies of the distributed study||October 2015 – April 2017||Informed local communities on the benefits of ecosystem services|
|1 Advertising panel||September 2015 – April 2016||Promoting visual elements of the program|
|1 permanent plate||October 2015 – April 2017||Promoting visual elements of the program|
|2 Traditional advertising panels||October 2015 – January 2017||Promoting visual elements of the program|