ACTIVITY 2. CURRENT SITUATION ANALYSIS
Name of activity / sub-activities:
Sub-activity 2.1. Creating and managing the database
- The participation of the hydrologic technicians at the work meetings organized by the project manager and the management of the individual activities that were to be implemented was doubled by their effective involvement in creating the project database, completing the inventory sheets, managing the media of the project or elaborating some scientific materials, press materials and the elaboration of individual studies corresponding to the final study.9 students were trained as hydrological technicians.
- For the realization of the GIS database but also for the spatial highlighting of some information and phenomena in the individual or final integrated studies, 10 maps were undertaken by the project, complemented by a series of other cartographic materials. First, the digital elevation model for the analysed area (NATURA 2000 Huta-Certeze and the Tisa Superioara sites) was created, choosing the scale of: 1 to 25000. Maps were then filled with the boundaries of the analysed territory. Then, the primary cartographic sources were selected and they were made nominees for responsible GIS themes. All hydrology technicians have digitized and created primary GIS themes selecting themes to be digitized, final map layout, digitization and GIS themes for the creation of the primary cartographic database (hydrography, communication routes, built-in and intravilan area, soil, geology). The sources of map data collection were: Romania Topographic Map, scale 1: 25000, orthophotomaps (2010), scale 1: 5000, Basemap data from ARCGIS online, geological maps (scale 1: 50000 – leaflet Sapanta L-34 -12-A, Turt-Negreşti-Oaş sheet L-34-11-B), geological maps, scale 1: 200000 (L-34-6-VI and L-35-I) L-34-VI, Borsa L-35-I sheet). After their digitization, the layout for certain cartographic materials was created. All maps created have been modified due to changes in protected area boundaries. For each study, distinct cartographic materials were created. Additionally, other support materials for local authorities in the territory (13 maps) were also created.
- Both the Project Promoter team and the national partner team have created distinct work methodologies on habitats and types of biodiversity elements (fish, ornithofauna, amphibians and reptiles, large and small mammals) that have been centralized and included into ajoint working methodology with a view to primary assessment of the biodiversity features in the territory.
- In order to elaborate the studies undertaken by the grant application, the teams of the partnership have recourse to the consultation of some bibliographic and cartographic sources, as well as of electronic resources related to biodiversity, both for NATURA 2000 Huta-Certeze and Tisa Superioara sites), as well as for other areas protected from the country and abroad.200 bibliographic materials were consulted.
- For field observations, 100 inventory sheets for habitats and biodiversity elements were created and applied by Project Promoter teams and the national partner.
Sub-activity 2.2. Inventory of biodiversity / ecosystem services and identifying the tourism potential that can be capitalized as a socio-economic benefit by moving to the ground
- Documentation on the ground, establishment of the working methodology, bibliographic documentation, data collection, assessment of forest habitats typologies, taking photos, making land reports were the basis used for the forestry study, a material found both individually and in the final integrated study.
- Documentation on the ground, bibliographic documentation, data collections, photographs were the basis used for ornithofauna study conducted by the team of the national partner.
- Documentation on the ground, bibliographic documentation, data collections, field measurements, cartographic materials and photographs were the basis for the water quality study, a material found both individually and in the final integrated study.Partial results of this study were also published during the project as scientific articles.
Accomplished results of the activity/sub-activities:
Name of activity / sub-activity
|Accomplished results||Implementation period||Sustainability|
|Activity 2. Current situation analysis|
|Sub-activity 2.1. Creating and managing the database||9 students trained as Hydrological Technicians||October 2015 – January 2017||Expertise usable in other projects or in the main field of activity|
|1 database||October 2015 – April 2017||Scientific support for the development of scientific materials|
1. Map of the location of the two Natura 200 sites in territorial context
2. Geodemographic features
3. Map of slope orientation
4. Slope map
5. The insolation map
6. Soil map
7. Geological map
8. Map of habitats
9. Impact of anthropogenic activities on habitats
10. The main natural and anthropogenic resources existing in the two Natura 2000 sites
|October 2015 – April 2017||Scientific support for the development of scientific materials, working tools for local authorities|
|1 Joint working methodology||October 2015 – April 2016||Scientific support for other materials on biodiversity conservation|
|200 Bibliographic / cartographic materials consulted||October 2015 – February 2016||References for other profile studies|
|100 inventory sheets||October 2015 – January 2017||Scientific support for the development of scientific materials|
|Sub-activity 2.1. Inventory of biodiversity /
ecosystem services and identifying the tourism potential that can be capitalized as a socio-economic benefit by moving to the ground
|1 forestry study||October 2015 – April 2017||Informed local communities on biodiversity of protected areas, initiation of other projects|
|1 Study on ornithofauna||October 2015 – January 2017||Informed local communities on ornithofauna|
|1 Study on water quality||October 2015 – April 2017||Informed local communities on water quality, scientific support for the development of scientific materials and the initiation of other projects|